Beginning with the 2017-2018 school year, PBAT Presentations will begin in the Junior Year of High School and are REQUIRED for Graduation. What does this mean?
Present four (4) final projects, in order of your choice:
- UD Math project (Geometry I or II, Algebra or Trigonometry II)
- UD English project (Modern Lit, Classic Lit, American Lit or Advance Comp Lit)
- UD Science project (Chemistry I or Chemistry II)
- UD Social Studies project (American Studies I or II, Participation in Gov't or Economics)
- Present a reflection letter (at last PBAT presentation)
Students ARE NOT assigned a specific mentor for presentation preparation. Instead, students should be seeking out the project teacher, other teachers, staff or administrators for Academic Coaching for preparation for their presentation.
Each student should get a signature each time you meet with a coach (SEE JORDAN FOR SIGNATURE FORM). YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO SIGNATURES BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO DO YOUR PRESENTATION. Once this is done, you may schedule a presentation date with Jordan.
In order to graduate you must complete presentations for ALL FOUR projects. The students are RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT LIMITED, TO PRESENT:
1-2 PBAT's Junior Year
2-3 PBAT's and reflection letter Senior Year